In celebration of my 20th year, I am trying to hunt down student success stories. Through the wonders of social media, I have had the chance to watch many of my former students from afar and see the trajectory of their lives from awkward 12 year old children to successful adults who are doing great things in the work world, education, military, music, or the church.
With the benefit of decades of experience, comes the joy of seeing former students do awesome things, and I wanted to share that with you. Whether you are fresh out of college, wide-eyed and idealistic, or a crusty old-timer like me, I wanted to share these stories with you to encourage you that we are in an incredible profession. We are doing something meaningful because we can help boost these kids up to heights that were unimaginable to us when we graduated from college.
Please read the bios below of some special individuals.
- Orry, the West Point Cadet
- Kristin, Photography and Philanthropy
- Jessica, Special Education Teacher
- Megan, Production Entrepreneur
- Steven, PhD Candidate
- Jessica, the Kona Queen
- Erin, Creatively Connecting to Her Creator
- Aaron, Leading Others in Song
- Lydia, Pageantry and Hope
- Josh, Dropbox Product Designer
- Alyssa, More Than Just Cereal
- Nathan, Future Poet Laureate of Kentucky
- Josh, Social Media Guru (AKA The Student Who Became My Teacher)
- Ashley, News Anchor
- Katee, the Baking Lawyer
- Alex: Getting His Groove On
- Wrapping Up 20 Years: Advice from an Old Guy