Thursday, March 19, 2015

Innovation: You Need a Mantra

With mere hours left before Spring Break, I hopped on YouTube.  I meant to go to Don Wettrick's school's innovation channel, but I landed on this great video instead.



I'm fairly certain that Guy Kawaski wasn't thinking of Genius Hour and Innovation Class when he gave this talk, but so much of it was directly applicable to what I plan to do with my new classes next year.

One idea I'm messing around with is creating a mantra.  Not a 50 word mission statement, but a 2-4 word mantra.  How can I sum up what we are doing with this class in a couple words?

Ideas:

  • Create New Things Now
  • Show Your Genius
  • Think Outside the Box
  • Flip the Script
I'm still messing around with ideas, but I'm getting to be comfortable with putting my thoughts out there before they're perfected.

Of course, this could be a good exercise for the students as well.  Once they create a personal mantra, they can put a voice on their passion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment