Friday, May 30, 2014

Tourism Projects: What is there to do out there?

Here's a fun way to end the semester with my middle school students. I give them a list of the top ten most populated cities in the world and let them pick one.

Their task is to pretend they are travel agents, trying to show us all the great things they can do in that city.  With only about a week to put something together, it's a frantic pace to find the best of the city -- hotels, restaurants, stuff for kids, and such -- and put together a presentation for us.  Not only do they need to create something technological, but there is a non-techie requirement too.  (That mostly took on the form of food, which is always a great idea when I'm in the mix.)

Here are three of the projects that rolled in for us.  I love how these web sites look -- almost like someone took a visual design class when I wasn't looking.

Delhi, India
Mumbai, India
Shanghai, China



No comments:

Post a Comment