Thursday, December 19, 2013

The 11 Game...

My freshman health class is taking their final exam right now -- creating a T-shirt design about various phobias, not exactly my idea -- and I'm just sitting here watching them.  It's the perfect time to sit and crank out a blog entry.  The great news is that Mandy Gamble tagged me in her blog entry, and now I have something to write about.

I'm calling this The 11 Game.  I get to tell you 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions, and tag 11 people to do the same thing.  Here goes nothing...

11 Facts:
  1. I was born in Philadelphia, PA.
  2. My first sports love was basketball.
  3. I learned to love reading in my Children's Lit class in college.  The book? The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
  4. This Saturday, my wife and I celebrate 17 years of marriage, with dinner at Maggiano's and hopefully an IMAX movie.
  5. I'm an adoptive daddy. My daughter was born in South Korea.
  6. This is my 4th blog of my life. I blogged about our first adoption attempt (which ended when the birth mother decided hours after birth to keep the baby), our adoption journey with our daughter, a current family blog, and this professional blog.  Interested in the others? Let me know.
  7. I have taught in private schools my entire career; this is my 3rd school in 3 states. (20 years total)
  8. I live in Kentucky and teach in Ohio.
  9. I bleed green -- Philadelphia Eagle green.  If you are a fan of the Dallas Cowboys or New England Patriots, I seriously wonder if you have a character flaw.
  10. I have a number of responsibilities in my school, but I mainly have my fingers in all sorts of educational technology.
  11. I am recovering from a rare neurological disorder that I hope you never get to experience in your life -- even if you are a fan of the Cowboys or Patriots. 
11 Questions
1. What's your favorite book character?  Why?

This is a hard question. I love to read and have many books that I love.  To narrow it down on the spot like this.... I gotta land on Samwise Gamgee.  I love his loyalty and inner strength.

2. If you could have a super power, what would it be?

Flying. Definitely. I have actually had dreams where I could flap my arms and fly. 

3. What's your favorite 'get to know someone new" question?

Honestly? Nothing. I am not one to start a conversation. I would much rather sit next someone in awkward silence than start the conversation.

4. Would you ever consider a job that required an out of country relocation?

Yes, but I probably wouldn't take it. I've considered working in Seoul so we could live in my daughter's birth culture.

5. What did you think you'd be as an adult when you were 8?

A professional athlete of some strain.  At 8? Probably with the Phillies or the Sixers.

6. Now, what's your dream job?

I have it. I would tweak it a bit and raise the pay considerably, but I love what I do.

7. How long does it take you to get to work?

30 minutes. It's odd. I've tried it about 6 different ways (including getting lost and finding myself in downtown Cincinnati) and it's always a half hour.

8. What was your proudest moment thus far?

Generally, it's being a daddy. My daughter has overcome so much in her short life, and I love it when she does something cool. 
 
9. What's your favorite thing to cook?

Waffles. I found a great recipe on allrecipes.com. Just add cinnamon and apples, and you'll have a masterpiece.  I also make some mean salsa. (Sorry, no link.)

10. Android or iOS?

 iOS! 

11. What's the last thing you said out loud?
"Are you on Twitter right now? Goooooood."

11 Other Bloggers.
This is awkward. As a blog reader, it's easy to read things anonymously. I'm am fairly certain I will name people here who have no idea who I am or that I'm following them.  So, thanks for contributing to my learning and growth.  If you are tagged below you are supposed to do the same thing on your blog that I'm doing here. Answer the same 11 questions I answered here and be sure to tag me.  Or not... (insert awkwardness here)
  1. William Chamberlain
  2. Craig Badura
  3. Jayme Linton
  4. Jennie Magiera
  5. Carrie Both
  6. Leah LaCrosse
  7. Kate Peila
  8. Jamey Boelhower
  9. Josh Burns
  10. Andrew Jewell
  11. Allie Holland
@wmchamberlain @mrbadura @jaymelinton @MsMagiera @mrsbothk @llacrosse @KatePeila @jdog90 @jburno @andrewjewell @allielholland 

No comments:

Post a Comment