Monday, August 15, 2011

Setting Things Up

Inservice is on Friday.  My room is a mess.  Let me back up...

Since I'm new to the school, they had to create a classroom for me.  What they did was clear out the junk room, which was once a rather sizable room.  They painted.  They ripped up the carpet.  They waxed the hardwood floor.  It looks pretty good new... old-fashioned but good.  The room was devoid of any storage or furniture aside from the standard desks, chairs, and file cabinets.  Today, I walked in and found bookshelves in my room, so I could finally start unpacking.  It's a long process moving 17 years of my career into another classroom in another state, but it'll get done. I'm not sure when, but it'll get done.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Since I'm going into a new school, there are all sorts of new things to learn: curriculum, programs, ways of doing things.  With that said, have you ever used Thinking Maps as a writing method?  I went to a short seminar on it earlier in the summer and forgot most of what I learned.  I just cracked open the teacher binder.  Give me your thoughts and ideas.  Thanks for the tips!


No comments:

Post a Comment